Sunday, December 14, 2008

I love this girl...

Addison and Santa, one year ago....2007
today 2008!!!! she is so sweet...I have never had one of my nieces or nephews thank me after I change their diaper! Addi looks up at me and says done? and when I say yes, there is always a thank you Dale.(she has a hard time with her G's.) I have been holding her a little tighter the last few days because she lost her only Grandma on Friday...My sister was her other Grandma and passed on before Addi was born. Addi loved her Grandma Fran and shares her name: Addi Fran. She is so young not to have a Grandma....

I hope you are able to hold your family near you this holiday season....


Merry Christmas......




and have a very happy new year! Love, Gail



7 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh Gail, I'm so sorry for little Adi - but she will always have you to be the very best Auntie-Grandma ever! She will never lack for a positive loving female role model or all the pleasures usualy afforded to girls & their Grandmothers - shopping, baking, decorating and of course, blogging!(though I can only imagine what it will be like when she's old enough!?)

So, yes, hold her tight, love her unconditionally, guide her and the bond will be even stronger than you can imagine! What a Christmas and lifetime gift!
Love,
Colleen

Laurie said...

What a little sweetie to thank you for a diaper change, that is just precious. I'm sorry to hear that she lost her grandmother. She is very lucky to have an adoring aunt like you and I know you feel just as fortunate to have her. Bless you both.

Heidi said...

I remember this photo last year. How she has grown. I did not know that you lost your sister. I know that is not easy as I too have lost mine so young. She was only 36 when she died. Addi is very lucky to have you in her life. That kind of love is very special in any person's life. She is blessed!

I love the effect of the red ornament in the child's shoe. That is such a sweet decoration.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Gail, that was very touching and sweet. She is beautiful!

deborah said...

she is just precious, and oh so lucky to have you for her auntie. Have a very merry Christmas

Robin said...

she sounds like such a precious little girl! She is very fortunate to have you in her every day life! Merry Christmas
Robin

Martha said...

She IS just precious! I'm sorry to hear about her Granny, but I'm glad she has her Auntie Dale!

oxoxo,
martha