Saturday, February 2, 2008

Project # three...


Just taking a break in between coats... on project number three. The room I am painting today is our guest bedroom. I am going for a completely different look, it is called the hotel line. Very simple. My sweet friend Lynn inspired me to go with this change, she saw it at Pottery Barn and is going with this look in her bedroom. We have had fun shopping for bedding and picking out paint.While I was painting I was thinking about all the guests that have stayed in this pretty soft room. My dear little nieces who called it the princess room...a teenage niece going thru some growing pains who needed a break from Mom and Dad . My girl, my adult niece who stayed in this romantic room the night before her wedding ! I laid a monogramed hankie with a locket pinned to it on her pillow that night, like her mother did for me many years ago. And A dear friend who also needed a break from reality.I could go on and on.. But it was back to reality for me...my niece is going to be married six years! I redecorated that room a year before her wedding!Time for a change! Good bye cottage look! Here is to a new fresh start and many more memories to come!

8 comments:

Laurie and Chris said...

Can't wait to see what you do to this room! I bet it will look great.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Oh, how fun! Can't wait to see the finished room!
Hugs,
Penny

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I'll bet it's with mixed emotions that you undertake this project, yes? I can see the lovilness of the room, and if you did it so long ago, you did it well because it it still warm & lovely - not "outdated". I can appreciate the desire for a fresh new look- everythinig has it's time. Can't wait to see what you do with it. The story about the locket & hankes is precious. What a great tradition to pass along!
Take care,
Colleen

Pretty Practicals said...

Oh how exciting, I love decorating, painting makes such an instant impact which means I can get on with the part that I like most ~ choosing accessories to go into the room.
Have fun, Liz

vintage girl at heart said...

So so pretyy I love it.. cannot wait to see what you have in store for it!!!!
Did you make the bench?? I love it and that green chippy color!!!

Dona said...

What a beautiful room. It is very inviting, many happy dreams will be had there.

Dona

Heidi said...

I love watching makeovers take place! I will enjoy seeing what you do to the room. I really love the photos of the room as it was too. I can imagine it was always a sweet place of rest to those who stayed with you.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Martha said...

Ooooo!

I can't wait to see the transformation!!!

xoxox,
mvz