Sunday, November 18, 2007

Big Martha

I heard the sad news today of Martha Stewart's Mom passing away last Friday at the age of 93...she was affectionately known as Big Martha. I remember seeing her on Martha's old show and always thinking how much she reminded me of my Mom...so sweet. I want thank everyone for their kind words and prayers during my Mom's illness. Mom is still in the hospital. Their is a little improvement but not as much as we would like. She wants so badly to go back home to her apartment in assisted living. She is a survivor. She hopefully will be home soon! Bless all of our mothers....

6 comments:

Janet said...

Gail,

So sorry to hear about "Big Martha". She always seemed so spunky and I loved that her hair was dark at her age. Just a touch of vanity,lol.

I hope your Mom is better soon; being a survivor should certainly help. Please wish her and the rest of your family a Happy Thanksgiving.
Janet

Dona said...

I hope your mom is getting better. I am glad you were able to take your grandbaby to see her a few weeks back. Try to have a nice Thanksgiving. My prayers are with you.

Dona

Heidi said...

I hope your mother will improve a little each day so she can go home. I continue to think of you and her.

I love the photo at the bottom of your blog with the caption!

~~ Heidi ~~

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I think - no, actually I know - I like Big Mrtha better than Little (?) Martha!

Your Mom is a precious soul to God and He will do what He can to restore her to her perfect self - it may not be in our "timeframe" but I fully believe this to be - after all, she's a "survivor" - she will get through this and find whatever peace she needs. My prayers will go towards Heaven tonight not only for her, but for all those who love & care for her..
Colleen

Cottage Contessa said...

The loss of any loved one is saddening, but to loose a mother would be heartbreaking. Lifting your dear mother up in prayer.
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I didn't realize she had even passed until I read it on your blog. Thanks for sharing, Theresa