Friday, August 31, 2007

Princess Diana


It is amazing that ten years have gone by since this beautiful lady died..As a young bride myself I remember getting up in the wee hours of the morning to watch her wedding...I followed her life through the years and was so stunned when I heard on the news of her death. I know it seems silly but there was something about her I connected with, was it her age? her shyness? I don't know...to this day my husband still makes fun of me. He doesn't read my blog so I don't have to worry about it...Did you feel the same?

4 comments:

Sweet Remembrance said...

I can't believe it's been 10 years already! She was so stunning...
Priscilla

Anonymous said...

Yes I did! I watched the last part of the memorial service today. I too woke early to see her wedding, and her funeral as well. I owned every book or magazine about her I could when i was growing up. I was horrified when she died, in shock. Could not believe it. I love the pic you posted (she was pregnant then but hadn't told yet!!)

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh yes. I always felt I had a connection somehow - like I knew her. Personally. And when she died, I couldn't, wouldn't believe it. It still make me weepy to think she is gone. However, we'll always remember the beauty and grace that she was. And that picture in our minds will never change. Thanks for remembering and sharing what we all are feeling.

Gayla said...

Me, too. I always felt she was like a friend I'd never met. I agree with everyone. She was and always will be my royal friend.